Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Kirk Answer

Jaquandor quite rightly takes me to task by pointing out that I have not yet provided an answer to the last Trivial Hoot. My apologies. November and December are my least favorite months of the year. It's the busy time in my business. I've grown to hate Christmas – but that's a post for another day.

I asked you to name every adult performer who played the role of James T. Kirk on Star Trek. I also warned you that it was trickier than you might think. That eliminates Jimmy Bennett and the uncredited baby held by Jennifer Morrison in the recent movie. We are left with My Three Kirks.

William Shatner, Chris Pine, and Sandra Smith.

Wha?!

Sandra Smith played Doctor Janice Lester, mad scientist and one of Kirk's many former girlfriends in the last (and pretty close to least) of the original episodes, “Turnabout Intruder.” Lester wants to take over the Enterprise (of course) and uses Super Science (of course) to do it. She switches her personality with that of Kirk. For most of the rest of the episode Shatner plays the increasingly hysterical Janice Lester, posing as Kirk, while Smith plays Kirk in a dress.

I told you it was tricky.

1 comment:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Ugh. The second I saw the name, I thought, "Turnabout Intruder". And my Trekker cred takes another hit....