Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Be It Resolved

A little late, I know, but despite that I have no resolutions regarding procrastination.  Without further ado, here are my resolutions for this new year of our Lord, two thousand twelve.

1.  I resolve to become obese.  I know that sounds odd, but technically obese would be a significant improvement.  Onward to obesity!

2.  I resolve to write more.

3.  I resolve to finish more writing projects.

4.  I resolve to read more.

5.  I resolve to take more and longer walks.

6.  I resolve to reduce the number of pills that I have to take.  You'd be surprised at the size and complexity of my little home pharmacy.

7.  I resolve to be more of the me that I would rather be.

8.  The über resolution -- I resolve to succeed.  Which is the point of all these things anyway.  That one word -- Success -- is the real American Dream.  Striving to succeed, however we define it, however we imagine it, is what we're all here for.  It is our inalienable right, so we might as well dream big.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I, too, resolve to become obese! Team Obesity!

Glenn Whidden said...

O. B. E. S. E.
Goooooo Obese!