Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Share and Enjoy

y06 '5owel '''eay 3fer47gldy/ Oops. Sorry, I was trying to type this entry with a towel over my head. I wanted to be fully protected in case my office should be invaded by the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. Safe for the moment I see. Today is, of course, Towel Day, and a happy Towel Day to you, gentle reader. Today we celebrate the life and work of the great Douglas Adams by proudly carrying our towels for all to see. As you surely know, a truly hoopy frood always knows where his towel is.

Let me suggest a project for this day of days. Talk to your friends and colleagues about Towel Day. You may run across someone who has not yet been introduced to Douglas Adams. Often this is a sign that the person you are talking to is a bit of a dullard. Give them a chance. They may, in fact, be pretty hoopy but have been deprived of good literature through no fault of their own. Strive to Share and Enjoy. Tell your friend about Adams. Steer them toward good reading. In fact, you could give them a copy of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. A paperback version is available for short money. If your friend reads it and loves it, then you know that he (or she) is as hoopy as you had hoped. What if your gift is not appreciated? Don't panic. You have learned that you needn't waste further effort on this person as he is irredeemably uncool.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going back under the towel. You can never be too careful with Bugblatter Beasts about.

No comments: