Monday, April 19, 2010

Trekkie Quiz Thingie

I first saw this over at Electronic Cerebrectomy. Thought I'd throw in my two credits.

1. What is your favorite Star Trek movie? (not including STXI)?
Galaxy Quest. I kid, I kid. Star Trek IV was the most fun (“There be whales here”) and II was probably the best movie (Kaaahhhnnn!), but I have a great affection for VI. It seemed a graceful ending to the story.

2. What is your favorite scene in STXI?
Criminy, I don't know. I like the bit where Kirk asks who that “pointy-eared bastard” is and McCoy says that he doesn't know “but I like him.” Or maybe when Scotty asks if they have sandwiches in the future.

3. When was your first introduction to the Star Trek franchise?
I have no idea. I was a child and it was in syndication, five shows a week. Loved it, of course.

4. Is there anything Star Trek around the room in which you're currently sitting?
A model of the Enterprise-D that my brother carved from wood. A witty whittler, my brother. There's a couple of pins in a drawer behind me. That's about it.

5. Vulcan ears are: A) cute, B) sexy, C) neither, D) both.
It depends on who's wearing them. The answer can be either C or D.

6. If you could be any other species than human in the Star Trek universe, you would be:
Vulcan would be a . . . logical choice, but I think I'd rather be Organian. It's one of the few near omnipotent species that didn't become total jerks (like the Q) or smarmy twerps (like the Metrons).

7. Which pet would you rather have: a sehlat or a tribble?
At first I thought tribble, because my small apartment would be a problem for a rambunctious critter like a sehlat, but then I realized that a tribble would become many tribbles and I'd soon have more tribbles than I could handle. But wait! In the animated series Cyrano Jones returned with genetically engineered tribbles that didn't reproduce. Once Doctor McCoy perfected the process by adding a shot of neoethylene the safe tribble was invented. The odd pink color seems a bit strange, but I think I could manage. So, tribble it is.

8.Who might you cast in the role of reboot Nurse Chapel? Khan? Other reboot character?
For Chapel I would go with whoever J.J. Abrams is married to. Kahn would be either Joe Piscapo or Carrot Top. We could get Wil Wheaton to play Harry Mudd. Really, I've got nothing here. Wait a minute, that last one might actually be a good idea.

9. Kirk and Spock are:
Mythic characters.

10. If you could give any Star Trek character a chance to be captain of the Enterprise, who would it be?
Mr. Leslie. He's the man.

BONUS. Think fast! Give one Star Trek quote from memory.
“Brain and brain! What is brain?”

No comments: