Thursday, April 9, 2009

Compooter

Expensive and annoying technical problems were visited unto me this week. I had planned to spend most of the day writing, but instead I've been fighting some nasty malware. Eternal curses upon the perpetrators of this crap. May pustules bloom on their fingertips, may an infection drive them mad with pain, and may they be taken to a hospital, hooked up to a life support machine, and watch as the CPU that runs it crashes and melts into slag.

I'm none too happy with Symantec either. It not only couldn't do anything about the problem, it couldn't even see the problem. The open source virus zapper I tried could at least find a problem. It couldn't solve it, but at least it could name it.

Oh well. I've got new hardware and new software. I've lost some stuff, but I may be able to recover that later too. Maybe.

OK, that's about it for now. I've got to get this clickety machine working the way I want.

No comments: